The Pegasus GB dry traction battery series are valve-regulated lead-acid batteries. Unlike conventional traction batteries with liquid electrolyte these traction batteries have immobilised electrolyte (AGM). The Pegasus GB traction batteries offer maintenance free power solutions for all types of traction, telecoms, UPS and standby power needs. Instead of a vent plus, a valve is used to regulate the internal gas pressure, preventing the ingress of oxygen from the air and allowing the escape of excess charging gasses. When operating valve-regulated lead-acid batteries the safety requirements as for vented batteries apply, to protect against hazards from electric current, from explosion of electrolytic gas and (with some limitations) from the corrosive electrolyte. Battery valves should never be removed. These batteries do not require topping up.
- Totally maintenance free.
- 500 cycle performance (to 80% depth of discharge).
- Accepts very high currents, reduced self-discharge.
- Resilient to temperature variations.
- Extended performance for medium cyclic duty.